Paying your rent by direct debit means no queuing in post offices or banks and no worrying about missed or late payments! You stay in control of your money by choosing to pay on:
- any date of the month from 1 to 28 for monthly payments
- any day of the week for weekly, fortnightly and 4-weekly payments
It's a convenient way to pay and helps us keep costs down - and it's backed by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
How do I pay by direct debit?
- Complete a direct debit application form
- Return it to us at: Tower Hamlets Homes, Income Team, PO Box 66355, London, E14 1GU
- It usually takes 5 working days to set up a direct debit payment.
Bank National Westminster Bank
Branch 161 Bow Road, London, E3 2SG
Account Name LBTH (Rent Collection)
Sort Code 60-03-19
Account Number 75667177
Paying your rent on time gives you access to other services, like garages and car spaces. It also helps pay for the services we provide you, like repairs, cutting your communal grass and keeping your estate clean and tidy.Whether you choose to pay by direct debit, credit card or by post, you can check your rent balance and payments online with MyHome. - Register your details online now
The allpay app is a mobile application (App) available to download from theApple App Store or Windows Phone store and Google Play enabling you to pay your bills from your Apple, Windows or Android smartphone. You can visit the allpay website - to find out more and download the App; you can also read a full list of FAQs here.
Like direct debit, paying by Standing Order is a safe way to pay bills and helps keep costs down. It means no queuing in post offices or banks and no worrying about missed or late payments! You will need to remember to change your standing order if your rent changes.
You can choose to make a regular payment from your bank weekly, fortnightly, every 28 days or calendar monthly (payments must be in advance).
How do I pay by by standing order?
- Complete a standing order form- http://www.towerhamletshomes.org.uk/Documents/2_STANDING_ORDER_MANDATE.doc
- Return it to your bank or building society.
You can pay rent for your home, garage, parking space or store shed at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet using a rent payment card.
- Take your rent payment card to any Post Office and pay with cash, debit card
or cheque; or
- Take your rent payment card to any location where you see the PayPoint sign
and pay with cash
- You will not be charged for this service, but you will be given a receipt for your
payment. Keep it safe - you may need it later as proof of payment
You can pay your rent by phone with your debit or credit card. Call us on 020 7364 5015.
To make a payment by debit card, anytime call the council's automatic payment line on 020 7364 3800.
By arrangement with your payroll or personnel section or direct from your salary or pension if you are a Tower Hamlets employee or pensioner by arrangement with your personnel section.