Skip to main content

When things go wrong

When repairs go wrong


If you feel dissatisfied with the service you have received please contact us to let us know. You are also able to make a complaint under our complaints procedure.

Tenants may exercise their rights under the Right to Repair Regulations or to lodge a formal claim of disrepair.

Right to Repair

The Right to Repair Regulations give a tenant rights to get repairs completed and to claim compensation in certain circumstances. This right is granted to secure tenants of local housing authorities. More information can be found on the Government’s website at: Council housing: Repairs and maintenance - GOV.UK (


Disrepair means a property rented to a tenant has not had the necessary repairs completed even though the landlord has been notified about them. Tenants can make a Disrepair Claims and we will deal with it in accordance with Disrepair Policy. The aim of this policy is to provide a clear framework dealing with housing disrepair and injury claims arising from allegations of disrepair and defective premises claims. The policy is based on complying with the Government’s Housing Disrepair Protocol. More information can be found in the Disrepair Policy or on the Government’s website

Missed repairs appointment? Claim your voucher

You are entitled to a missed appointment voucher if we make a repairs appointment with you and we don't turn up within the timeslot we say we will.

Out contractors should offer this when they reschedule your appointment. If they don’t, you can let us know and complete the missed appointmentment online form. You must provide your repairs job reference and claim within 30 days.


Claims for damage to tenants or other third party possessions will only be considered where we could have reasonably foreseen the need for repair and failed to take action or where there is a clear legal liability.

In other circumstances, it is the responsibility of the tenant to make a claim under their home contents insurance. For this and other reasons we will encourage all tenants to obtain home contents insurance. In the event of internal damage, Leaseholders are required to contact their insurance provider in the first instance.