Why do I need it?
Tower Hamlets Council do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.
Crystal Insurance Scheme
Tower Hamlets Council have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies. The Crystal Insurance Scheme is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.
Crystal Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
Reasons to choose Crystal Insurance Scheme
- Apply over the telephone or complete an application form
- No excess (you don’t pay the first part of the claim)
- Covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
- Covers tenants improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest)
- Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
- Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen (up to £500)
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door)
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).
Who is this policy for?
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording, which you should read carefully.
If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks who will be happy to help with your queries.