What happens if you dont pay
If you're finding it difficult to keep up with your rent payments, let us know. Call us on 020 7364 5015. We will talk you through your options and give you clear advice to help you get back on track with your payments.
If you don’t let us know, or you don't keep to an agreement to pay the debt, we will take legal action.
When this happens:
- You may be liable for court costs
- This may result in a county court judgment against your name, which will affect your ability to get credit or a loan. (A county court judgment will remain against your name indefinitely.)
- If you are evicted for rent arrears, other local authorities may have no obligation to rehouse you - even if you have a family
Owing rent is more serious than you think. It could prevent you from:
- Transferring to another home
- Swapping your home with another tenant
- Buying your home
- Renting a garage, car space or store shed