If someone has parked in your bay
Rules for parking on estates
- You are not permitted to have more than one parking space or garage registered to the same vehicle.
Your vehicle must not occupy more than one parking space and should fit within the confines of the parking space provided to you.
- We may carry out random audits with your parking space or garage tenancy at any time and we may request to see your car documentation (proof of ownership etc) which you must provide on request.
- You must adhere to the terms and conditions stated on your licence form at all times. We will send you your licence form that contains our terms and conditions when we allocate you a parking space or garage.
Where to park if your bay is obstructed?
If somone has parked in your bay, you can park in:
- a visitor’s bay (marked ‘V’, ‘Vis’ or ‘Visitor’.)
- a contractor’s bay (marked ‘C’ ‘Cont’ or ‘Contractor’)
- any numbered bay or designated bay except dissabled bay within the area specified on your estate parking permit
You must display a valid estate parking permit at all times while parked on a Tower Hamlets Homes estate.
You can report a nuisance vehicle to NSL, our parking enforcement contractors, on 0343 357 1555.
Have the following details ready when you call:Yes
location of nuisance vehicle, and
registration number, make, model and colour
NSL will ticket vehicles found to be causing a nuisance.
Reporting an abandoned vehicle
The Council investigates and removes abandoned vehicles.
Before they can remove vehicles they must work out if it's abandoned.
This is likely if one or more of the following applies:
- they have no keeper on the DVLA’s database and are untaxed
- they’re stationary for a significant amount of time
- they’re significantly damaged, run down or not roadworthy-with flat tyres, wheels missing or broken windows
- they’re burned out
- they have number plates missing
- the fuel filler cap is missing/open
- the vehicle is deemed damaged sufficiently to cause injury or harm
- the vehicle is unlocked
- the vehicle has waste inside
- the vehicle is under repair/has parts missing
Call NSL on 0343 357 1555* to report an abandoned vehicle.
*Call charges to NSL
Last updated: January 2017