Report anti-social behaviour
What is anti-social behaviour?
Anti-social behaviour covers a wide range of unacceptable activity which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to other people, including behaviour which puts people in fear of crime.
Examples of anti-social behaviour include:
- Groups causing a nuisance
- Litter, rubbish or vandalism
- Harassment and verbal abuse
- Misuse of communal areas
- Threats to an individual
- Hate Crime
- Animals causing a nuisance
Anti-social behaviour policy
THH is committed to tackling anti-social behaviour in the neighbourhoods we manage. While we cannot solve anti-social behaviour we do have a range of tools and powers that we can use against those who cause or create anti-social behaviour.
We will investigate all reports of anti-social behaviour and work with our partners to resolve the problem. You have the right to live in your home without fear of intimidation, nuisance or harassment.
How to report anti-social behaviour
If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour or are worried about nuisance activity where you live:
- Phone the police on 999 in an emergency and 101 to report crime and other concerns
- Phone us on 020 7364 5015
- Report online at email@example.com
- Call 0800 917 5918, Thursday - Sunday (8pm - 4am) to report ASB to a Tower Hamlets Enforcement Officer (THEO)
We will contact you within 24 hours for severe cases such as hate crime, violence and threats, and within three working days for non-severe cases, for example, minor nuisance and domestic noise.
What we will do
When you report anti-social behaviour, we will assess the severity of the problem before deciding the most appropriate action to take.
- Interview you to find out about what has happened and how it has affected you
- Discuss the options with you, including help and support available to you
- Be open and honest about what we can do
- Be realistic about the likely outcomes of any action we take – particularly legal action
We will also keep in touch with you so that you aware of what is happening.
What you must do
Acting in an anti-social way is a breach of the terms of your tenancy or lease. Persistent acts of anti-social behaviour will lead to action being taken against you by the Council and police and could result in arrest or loss of home.
Tower Hamlets Homes
Tel: 020 7364 5015
Online (This link will take you to the Council's website for more detailed information and a link to a reporting form)
Tower Hamlets Enforcement Officers (THEOs)
Tel: 0800 917 5918 Thursday - Sunday, 8pm-4am to report anti-social behaviour.
The police can help with complaints about
- Nuisance or rowdy neighbours
- Hate Crime
- Graffiti and fly-posting
- Drug use or dealing in public
- Street drinking
- Prostitution related activity
- Fireworks misuse
- Car theft
Call the police on 101 to report crime and other concerns when it is not an emergency.
In an emergency always call 999.