Rights and responsibilities
We’ve relaunched our service standards with a document detailing the rights and responsibilities you have towards us and we have towards you.
In general your responsibilities are to:
- Pay in advance, your service charges including ground rent.
- Keep your home in good condition and repair.
- Use your home as a private flat.
- Be responsible for your visitors.
- Be a good neighbour by not causing annoyance.
- Repair and maintain the interior of your property.
- Ensure your property does not damage the structure and shared areas of the estate and ensure your home has a fire rated door fitted if it opens onto a shared area.
- Not carry out any alterations to your home (other than fixtures and fittings) without formal written permission from THH. If in doubt ask us.
- Repay the required amount of discount if you sell your home within five years if you purchased under the Right to Buy.
- Not put up aerials, satellite dishes and so on without our written permission.
- Get our written permission if you want to keep an animal in your home.
- Inform us and complete the required Deed of Sublet if you wish to sublet your property and provide necessary certificates to ensure you are meeting your obligations as a responsible landlord.
Our responsibilities are to:
- Keep the condition and structure of your home in good repair.
- Maintain the services to your flat, building and estate; for example by providing caretaking and gardening services.
- Give adequate notice if we need access to your flat to carry out works other than in emergency situations.
- Ensure that the structure and communal areas in your block are insured against fire and damage.
You should have received a copy of ‘Your rights and responsibilities, Information for leaseholders’ with your leaseholder bill in October 2017 - you can read the full leaflet about rights and responsibilities on the website.