Skip to main content

Coronavirus - support for THH residents

Information and advice for THH residents during the coronavirus period

Did you know that there are three community support centres providing support for elderly and vulnerable residents? Our financial health centre can also advise on money and benefits.

 Support for elderly and vulnerable residents

  • Regular phone calls
  • Emergency home visits (with safeguarding in place)
  • Food and medication deliveries
  • Hot meals three times a week

Phone: 020 7364 7956


Money, debt and benefits advice

  • Debt/money management
  • Applying for welfare benefits/universal credit
  • Help with utility bills
  • Accessing food/ hardship fund
  • Employment and training

Phone: 020 7364 2200 


Our rents team have staff who are able to provide advice on welfare benefits, debt and money advice and can refer you for further help if you need it. If you have rent arrears we can arrange affordable repayments over a period of time.

Ways to pay:

  • Any day, direct debit. Simply contact us and this can be completed with you over the phone.
  • Online at
  • 24 hour payment line (020 7364 3800)
  • Paypoint at local post offices and shops

Phone: 020 7364 5015


Tower Hamlets Council

Coronavirus support for residents

A range of support is available from the council for people who need to self-isolate because of Covid-19, including arranging food and medicine deliveries and other support. 

If you need help

Call the council on 020 7364 3030 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)

There is also an online form you can fill out to tell the council about

your needs

 KNOW you’re not alone

Domestic abuse includes any incident or pattern of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality. This can encompass, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse – psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional.

You can call THH in confidence on 020 7364 5015 and we will put you through to your housing officer or a member of their team. They will arrange to meet with you face to face and talk to you about what we can do to help. If THH cannot help you directly, we can refer you to organisations that can, with your consent.

Useful contacts 

National Domestic Violence Help

0808 200 0247

GALOP – National LGBT &Domestic Abuse Help

0800 999 5428

Karma Nirvana – for victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage

0800 599 9247

Men’s Advice Line – support for male victims

0808 801 0327

Respect  – support for perpetrators (male & female)

0808 802 4040

Victim Support Tower Hamlets

020 7364 2448 /7957