About your Rent service
When you sign a tenancy agreement with the council, you are
entering into a legal contract to pay rent for your home.
Tower Hamlets Homes manages this service for the council.
Paying your rent on time gives you access to other services,
like garages and car spaces. It also helps us to fund vital on
going services we provide for you, like repairs
and maintenance and cleaning of your estate.
Who is eligible for the rent service?
It is available to anyone who rents a home, car space, garage or
store shed managed by Tower Hamlets Homes.
What we do:
- We collect your rent for Tower Hamlets council and tell
you about any increases;
- We offer a range of ways to pay your rent;
- We arrange for direct debit or new and replacement payment
- We give you up to date rent statements;
- We deal with your applications for rent refunds;
- We can give you advice about claiming housing benefit and
dealing with money problems;
- We can negotiate affordable agreements to pay rent arrears over
a realistic time if you contact us early enough;
- We take recovery action against you if you don’t pay your
rent or break agreements.
If you have a question about your rent or you need further help,
please contact us.