Extra support for residents
Extra support is a service for
residents who feel vulnerable or who feel they would
benefit from extra support.
You may benefit from extra support if you are:
- Elderly or leaving care;
- New to the area or moving into your new home;
- Experiencing overcrowding;
- Experiencing anti-social behaviour or crime or domestic
- Being discharged from hospital;
- Socially isolated;
- Caring for others.
Or you have:
- Physical or health problems;
- Drug or alcohol problems;
- Difficulty coming to terms with bereavement.
What we can do to help:
- We will keep in touch with you and check how you
are doing - this is called our 'safe
and secure scheme';
- We will put you in touch with specialist groups and
organisations who might be able to help. For more
information about specialist groups and organisations view the
guide to support
- Our booklet Extra help
when you need it tells you more about the help you
If you are interested in this service just let us know. We
will visit you and talk to you about your situation
and what we can do to help. This is called our
'getting to know you' conversation.