For residents who feel vulnerable or might need extra
Extra support is a service for residents who
are vulnerable or for residents who feel that they would benefit
from extra support.
If you are interested in this service, get in touch.
One of our Neighbourhood Housing Officers will visit you
and talk with you about your situation. They will let you know
what we can do to help. We call this our 'getting to know you' conversation.
People who might benefit from extra support include
residents who are:
- Elderly or leaving care;
- New to the area or moving into your new home;
- Experiencing overcrowding;
- Experiencing anti-social behaviour or crime or domestic
- Being discharged from hospital;
- Socially isolated;
- Caring for others.
Or residents who have:
- Physical or health problems;
- Drug or alcohol problems;
- Difficulty coming to terms with bereavement.
What we can do to help:
- Keep in touch with you to check on your well-being -
we call this our 'safe and secure
- Put you in touch with specialist groups and organisations who
might be able to help. Read our guide to support services for a list of
For more information read the Extra help
when you need it booklet.