Parking and garage applications


Starting your application

Tower Hamlets Homes is currently in the process of implementing new Traffic Management Orders on our estates.  During this time, there will be a temporary hold on all applications from Non Tower Hamlets Homes residents until these orders are implemented. If you live in Tower Hamlets but you are not a resident of Tower Hamlets Homes your application will be automatically refused.


We are no longer allocating car spaces and garages to people living outside the Tower Hamlets borough. Please do not apply if you live outside this borough as your application will be automatically refused.

  1. Choose an available car space or garage using our Interactive Parking Map. Note down the property reference number as you will need this to complete the application. (Car spaces and garages available to rent are shown in green on the parking map).
  2. Please avoid applying for car spaces or garages which are suspended as your application will be rejected. Suspension for both car space and the garage is listed here.
  3. Apply online using this form (Please note, we do not accept applications for motorcycles to park in car spaces).
  4. Applications will be allocated based on the following priority list:

    • Tower Hamlets Homes (THH) residents with Disabled Blue Badge
    • Tower Hamlets Homes (THH) tenants and leaseholders, their partners and their family members
    • THH Freeholders, THH leaseholder’s sub-tenants
  5. We will not process any applications for tenants and leaseholders who are in rent/service charge arrears.
  6. If you fall into rent/service charge arrears, we will repossess your car space or garage.
  7. If your application is successful, we will ask you to sign an Estate Facility Licence form and a Direct Debit Form. We do not accept electronic or typed signature in any of our forms.
  8. If you have applied for a garage we will ask you to collect the keys to the garage from our front counters.  If you have applied for a parking space we will send you a parking permit in the post.
  9. It can take up 20 working days to process your application.  If you do not hear from us within this period this means your application was not successful.

Documents required to support your application

We can only accept the documents listed below. Your application will be rejected if you provide incorrect or unreadable documentation.

  1. Certificate of Motor Insurance and ONE required from the list below:

    • Both pages of Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) showing your name, address and vehicle details. This must be registered to you at your current address
    • Completed New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) dated within the last eight weeks (making sure date, name and address are filled in) If successful we will ask you to provide a copy of both pages of Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) within 20 days of our offer.
    • Motability Insurance Certificate showing you as the permitted driver
    • Lease or Hire Agreement (must be signed) showing contractual start date and length of agreement - Agreement must be for at least 3 months from the date of application. (Finance agreements not accepted)
    • Signed company letter on headed paper dated in the last 28 days of the application confirming; your name and address, vehicle details, you are an employee, you are insured to drive the vehicle and you have the permission to drive the vehicle for business and personal use.
  2. Proof of Residency ONE required from the list below:

    • Driving licence registered at your current address
    • Signed tenancy agreement showing you as the main tenant
    • DWP Letter for the current financial year
    • Council Tax bill relating to the current financial year
    • Electoral Registration or poll card for the current financial year or most recent
    • Utility Bill - Gas, Electricity, Water or Landline Bill (dated in the last 6 months)


If you qualify for an exemption please provide the following:

  • Both sides of blue badge. Your blue badge must be registered at your current address to qualify for exemption.