Estate parking permits

When you park on a Tower Hamlets Homes estate you must always display a valid estate parking permit. Vehicles will be ticketed if a valid permit isn’t displayed or if your vehicle is causing an obstruction. Apply for a car space or garage here.

Replace a permit 

You can get a replacement permit if yours has been lost, stolen or or damaged or you change your vehicle.

Before you apply

Make sure:

  • your rent or service charge account is clear
  • your vehicle is taxed and has an up to date MOT certificate (if your vehicle needs one)

You must also be the registered keeper and insured to drive the vehicle. You will be required to provide documents to prove this.

If your vehicle is not taxed, MOT'd or you are in arrears, we may cancel your permit and end your licence agreement.

You will need to complete an 'EF7-Replacement permit form' with the relevant documentation.

Email the completed form with your vehicle documentation to or take it to the THH counter staff at Rushmead or Watney Market Idea Store.

After we receive the application form with correct doumentation we will send you a replacement permit within ten working days . You will need to make a payment of £10 at the counter or via phone before we can send you the permit.

Use your Any Vehicle permit while you wait for your new permit to arrive. 


Renew a permit 

Permits are valid for one year. We will send you a new permit one month before your current permit ends.

We check if your rent or service charge account is in credit. If your rent or service charge account is in arrears, we may cancel your permit and end your parking licence agreement.

If you don't receive a new permit, you have 28 days from the expiry date of your current permit to notify us. After this time, you will be charged a replacement fee to renew your permit.

You can continue to park in your bay for up to 28 days after your old permit expires while you wait for your new permit to be resent. You must display your old permit while parked on a THH estate.


Change of bay

Tower Hamlets Homes only offers Tower Hamlets Homes residents a change of bay in exceptional circumstances. This is mainly for disabled residents who have mobility issues.

We aim to respond to applications within 20 working days.


Cancelling your car space or garage

You can cancel your car space or garage when you no longer own a vehicle or have changed your address. 

Cancel your car space or garage licence by: 

  • giving Tower Hamlets Homes seven days’ notice in writing. (All car space and garage licences must end on a Monday)

Do this by filling in a V2 ‘Termination of Licence’ form'.

Email the completed form to or take it to the THH counter staff at Rushmead or Watney Market Idea Store.

On the Monday your licence ends, you must have also: 

  • cleared your arrears (if you have any)
  • returned all keys, fobs and permits associated with your car space or garage to the THH counter staff at Rushmead or Watney Market Idea Store
  • cleared your garage or car space of possessions and rubbish 

If you don't, you may be recharged for a lock change or rubbish clearance, and you will receive an arrears letter to tell you to pay the balance and when you have to pay.


Visitor parking permits

Visitors must park their vehicle in bay marked with a ‘V’, ‘Vis’ or ‘Visitor’ and display a visitor’s scratchcard. Visitor scratchcards are available from Tower Hamlets Council.