Changed your vehicle or lost, damaged or stolen permit


You must tell Tower Hamlets Homes when you change your vehicle. You can also get a replacement permit if yours has been lost, stolen or damaged.

Tell the police if your estate parking permit is stolen. You will need the crime reference number when you apply for a replacement permit.


Before you apply

Make sure:

  • your rent or service charge account is clear
  • your vehicle is taxed and has an up to date MOT certificate (if your vehicle needs one)

You must also be the registered keeper and insured to drive the vehicle. You will be required to provide documents to prove this.

If your vehicle is not taxed, MOT'd or you are in arrears, we may cancel your permit and end your licence agreement.


Documents required to support your application for changing your vehicle

We can only accept the documents listed below. Your application will be rejected if you provide incorrect or unreadable documentation.

  1. Certificate of Motor Insurance and ONE required from the list below:

    • Both pages of Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) showing your name, address and vehicle details. This must be registered to you at your current address
    • Motability Insurance Certificate showing you as the permitted driver
    • Lease or Hire Agreement (must be signed) showing contractual start date and length of agreement - Agreement must be for at least 3 months from the date of application. (Finance agreements not accepted)
    • Signed company letter on headed paper dated in the last 28 days of the application confirming; your name and address, vehicle details, you are an employee, you are insured to drive the vehicle and you have the permission to drive the vehicle for business and personal use.

How to apply

  1. Complete an 'EF7-Replacement permit form' with the relevant documentation if you changed your vehicle. Electronic or typed signature is not accepted.
  2. Email the completed form with your vehicle documentation if you changed your vehicle to or take it to the THH counter staff at Rushmead or Watney Market Idea Store.
  3. Make a payment of £10 at the counter or via phone before we can process your replacement permit.
  4. We will send you a replacement permit within ten working days if your application is sucessful.
  5. Use your Any Vehicle permit while you wait for your replacement permit to arrive.

You won’t need to pay anything if your permit has been stolen and you will need to provide a police crime reference number.