Locksley - Commemorative plaque
Commemorative Plaque, Dora Street, Limehouse, E14
This plaque commemorates the redevelopment around Dora Street, E14 after the second world war and was unveiled in 1956 by the then Mayor of Stepney. The inscription reads:
'St. Ann's Neighbourhood Stepney to commemorate the redevelopment by the London County Council of this extensively war damaged area. This stone was unveiled by Councillor J. Stambrook, Mayor of Stepney on 28th February 1956'.
Watch the British Pathe video news reel on the unveiling of the plaque in 1956: