Getting support if you are a victim of anti-social behaviour

If you’ve been a victim of anti-social behaviour, you may get free help and advice from:

Victim support

Victim Support is an independent charity that offers:

  • emotional support, e.g. coping with the after-effects of anti-social behaviour 
  • practical help - this can be as simple as providing help with filling out forms or getting broken doors and windows fixed 
  • advice on dealing with the police, if they need to be involved
  • information and support if you go to court as a witness


Mediation is an effective way of resolving disputes without the need to go to court. It involves an independent third party - a mediator - who helps both sides come to an agreement.

Repairs to your home

If you need repairs to your home, home security improvements, or rehousing because of anti-social behaviour, we may be able to help. If damage has occurred due to crime, you will need to give us the police crime number. 

Family and friends

It may be helpful to get support from your family and friends too. They can listen, provide emotional and practical support and give you feedback.

Talk to us to find out more about these and other options