Personal home contents insurance

Building insurance does not cover the contents of your home, such as furniture and other personal possessions. You should arrange your own personal contents insurance.

This will provide cover for your belongings in the event of any damage, theft or fire. If you do not, and your belongings are damaged, you will have to pay for their replacement yourself.

The Council and Tower Hamlets Homes in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable with a special scheme called Crystal. This pay as you go scheme offers insurance cover, with no excess at competitive premiums.

For further information or an application form, please contact the Council's Insurance section or Thistle Tenant Risks.


ThistleTenant Risks
Tel: 0345 450 7286

Council's Insurance Section 
Tel: 020 7364 6568