Caretaking Apprenticeships at THH
Caretaking Apprenticeships at Tower Hamlets Homes
THH is currently recruiting 12 Caretaking trainees, who will have the opportunity to progress to a paid Apprenticeship training programme after 6-8 weeks. If you live in Tower Hamlets and would like to help make your borough a cleaner, safer and more welcoming place for residents and visitors, then please attend our open day to complete an initial assessment:
Tuesday 12th February, 2-4pm
Financial Health Centre
We particularly welcome applications from women and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities, in line with our aim to be a workforce that reflects the local community. If you are unable to attend the open day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on how to apply.
Phase 1 – The Traineeship
- An initial 6-8 week programme, with 12 places on offer
- You will gain valuable work place skills with our Caretaking Service
- You will be motivated to achieve an level 1 qualification in Customer Services
- You can continue to claim benefits
- We will work with all trainees to offer you further routes into employment.
Phase 2 – Earn whilst you learn with our Apprenticeship in the Caretaking Service
- There are six Apprenticeships on offer
- You will learn at work, with a structured training programme, working and learning in our Caretaking Service
- The Apprenticeship lasts a year
- You will earn while you learn, receiving £7.83 an hour for a 30 hour week
- You will be supported and motivated to achieve a nationally sought after Level 2 qualification in Facilities Service
- You will be able to apply for a job with us after 9 months on the Apprenticeship.
Lee, a former caretaking apprentice and now full-time staff member at THH, had the following to say about the scheme:
“I signed up as an apprentice caretaker and I studied at the same time - subjects like customer services, Maths and English. A year later I was full time caretaker working on different estates.
Knowing I’m making a difference to where people live keeps me motivated. I’d recommend THH as a good place to work."