Help if your home is too big

Some tenants live in a property which has more bedrooms than they need. We call these properties ‘under-occupied’. We can work with you to find a home that is the right size as well as support you to make the move.

We can help with transfer applications, bidding for properties and packing and removals.

If you are a tenant living in a property that is too large for your needs and/or affected by the Bedroom Tax then you may be eligible for support.

For further information or to check if you are eligible for the service, please contact:

For downsizing from 1 or 2 bedrooms

Naz Khan, THH Under-Occupation Project Officer.

Tel: 020 7364 5015


For downsizing from 3 bedrooms or more

Housing Options Team

Tel: 020 7364 5000