Who we are and what we do
Tower Hamlets Homes is an award winning ALMO (Arm's Length Management Organisation). A not-for-profit company set up in 2008 to deliver high quality housing services for residents living in 21,000 homes in East London, including 9,000 leasehold homes and 12,000 tenanted homes.
Tower Hamlets council owns the homes and we manage the tenancies and leases for them. Tenants are still council tenants and leaseholders are still council leaseholders.
We are based in Tower Hamlets in the East End. Our main offices are in Stepney and the Isle of Dogs. We're a short train ride away from central London with the DLR stations to the Bank and Tower Hill, and we're well served by local bus routes and the London underground.
Since launching in 2008, we have achieved a great deal:
- Improved resident satisfaction with our overall service from 55% to 77%
- Delivered over 7500 Decent Homes
- Ranked in the top 10 in Stonewall's Workplace Equality Index, two years running
- First Housing provider in London to achieve Customer Service Excellence in 2012
- Second ALMO nationally to be awarded Diversity Network Accreditation for excellent practice in delivering equality and diversity
Our key priorities
Our business plan and key strategies set out what we plan to do and how we're going to do it.