Stonewall Diversity Champion programme
What is the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme?
The Diversity Champion programme is run by Stonewall, the lesbian, gay and bi-sexual charity, for employers who have made commitments to address the needs of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in the wider community and within the workplace, complying with the employer’s statutory responsibility under the Equality Act 2010. Being given the right to display the symbol means that we are committed to:
1. Promote a fair and non-discriminatory working environment for lesbian, gay and bi-sexual employees, and prospective employees
2. Implement best practice taken from experts in this field and from networking with other organisations that are part of the Stonewall network
3. Benchmarking to assess the organisation’s work on LGB equality against Stonewall’s best practice and finding a way forward to address the needs of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in the wider community and within the workplace
4. Be at the forefront of thought leadership on LGB equality covering everything from the ‘double glazed glass ceiling’ faced by lesbian and bisexual women, to marketing to LGB communities
5. Raise the organisation’s profile as an employer of choice that promotes equality and diversity
For more information visit Stonewall.